4/24/2010

Scripts Lesson 15

Sharing an Apartment Page 4.
Script.
I’ve shared a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment with my roommate for two years. He was moving to Austin and I posted a “roommate wanted” ad in the local newspaper. I got a few calls, a couple from some very weird people. Finally, I got a call from Andrew. He seemed normal on the phone and we agreed he would stop by today to see the apartment.


When he got there, I showed him around. The apartment has a pretty large living room with a large couch and TV. It doesn’t have a dining room, but it does have an eat-in kitchen. My room is the master bedroom with a connecting bathroom. My roommate’s room was the guest room with the bathroom in the hall.

I told Andrew that he could to use any of the furniture that my roommate was leaving behind. He was taking his bed and dresser, but he planned to leave his desk in the bedroom. I also told him that he could use any of the appliances—the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

Andrew said he liked the place and we agreed on the rent and to split the utilities. It was settled. He would move in next month. What a relief I didn’t have to talk to any more weird people!

How to Sell your Home Page 7.

Script.
Hello, I’m Bob Brown, this is 20/20 in touch. You’re anxious to buy a home, you’re trying to sell the one you have, but what’s the best way to do it in this difficult market? Coming up Friday 20/20 is going to fill you in on the new rules of the real estate game.

Elizabeth: Celine and Warren are in love, engaged to be married and ready to move into this house, their dream house in Northern California.
Warren: Wow, look at this place.
Celine: Nice and bright.
Warren: Yeah, it really is.
Celine: Wow, this is bigger than I thought.
Elizabeth: A five-bedroom home with ample space to combine Celine’s two daughters and Warren’s 3 daughters all under one roof. It’s the perfect place to begin their new life together.
Warren: I’m ready to go.
Celine: amazing.
Elizabeth: But in today’s buyer’s market there’s one obstacle in their way or make that two. Right now Celine and Warren live in separate 3 bedroom homes and until they sell both homes they can’t afford their dream house. And like thousands of other house sellers across the country today C & W are having no luck.
Celine: I had one visitor.
Warren: One visitor.
Elizabeth: One visitor? Only 1 prospective buyer? In how much time?
Celine: 65 days.
Warren: Yeah.
Elizabeth: Without a single offer C & W have had to postpone their wedding.
Celine: I just need one buyer, how could it be there’s no buyers? And…(sigh) It’s just so frustrating. So…
Elizabeth: Because you want to move on with your life.
Warren: We never thought that the Real Estate market, that that was what would hold us back.
Kirsten: Every house sells. There’s always buyers, there’s always sellers...
Elizabeth: Kirsten Kemp, a realtor is a host at the Learning Channel show “Property Ladder” and author of “Flipping confidential”. She says even in today’s tough market you can make a sale.
Kirsten: There’s a lot of buyers out there willing to buy because they’ve been waiting on the sideline for this very moment.
Elizabeth: But in general, isn’t the buyer holding all the cards right now. There’s a lot of inventory out there and a lot of buyers out there have been extremely picky waiting for prices to drop rock bottom in some cases.
Kirsten: Sellers need to have a reality check and say what is fair? What is the market going to bear? You want to be the guy that’s priced a little bit below anything else that’s your competition so that you snag up that bar. Can’t just throw a for sale sign now and get it sold, it’s nt going to happen in this market.
Celine: This is nice.
Elizabeth: Well, Celine has already done a good job staging her house.Warren has just started preparing his home for sale and hi knows he has a lot of work to do.
Kirsten: Well, we’re going to have to clean that up.
Warren: Absolutely.
Elizabeth: Kirsten says C & W also need to lower their asking prices, both of them in hope to get a half a million dollars for each of their homes to pay for the new family dream home. Celine has already lowered her price three times, so this is a tough pill to swallow.
Warren: The hard part is trying to overcome the idea that the house is worth so much more a year ago than what is woth now.
Kirsten: It’s not about what you could’ve gotten, it’s about what you can get right now.
Warren: Right.

Blockbuster commercial Page 11.
Script.
At Blockbuster, we’re not just doing on-line movie rentals, we’re doing better. With unlimited movie rentals to your door by a day or two. Over 50,000 titles. And with Blockbuster on-line, you get something no one else can give you: a free in-store rental every week wherever you want it. That’s 52 free movies a year. You’d better get watching. Plans start at $9.99. Sign up today at Blockbuster.com and start getting movies delivered to your door. Plus free movies at your Blockbuster store.

Extra Work: Dogs Make Great Exercise Partners.
Script.
Anchor: You know, our fitness experts tell us some people are more likely to stick to their exercise plan if they work out with a partner, but Susan is here and the partner doesn’t have to be a person.
Susan: It doesn’t have to be a human being at all. A lot of folks walk out with their dogs. As you don’t need to stick to your healthy life plan without having a schedule in your exercise around someone else’s schedule, but if your partner’s a dog, their time is your time.

Lou: Well, Tucker, hold on Tucker.

Susan: When Lou Cardenas wants to go for a jog, he’s always got a willing partner, his Jack Russell Terrier Tucker.

Lou: Dog is man’s best friend but to me, he’s also man’s best training partner. And he’s always willing to go, he’s got a ton of energy, they’re always reliable, and he keeps me at a great pace.

Susan: And the exercise isn’t just good for Lou, it’s helping to keep Tucker healthy as well. It seems dogs are fighting the same battle of the bulge as humans. One estimate is that 40% of all pet dogs are overweight or obese.

Dr. Weitzman: Dogs really need exercise, dogs right now are… have as many problems with obesity as humans do. And we all can use more exercise and definitely our canine companions need it as much as we do.

Susan: But, Dr Weitzman says he doesn’t think we can’t love our dogs too much, we can feed them too much and feed them the wrong foods.

Dr. Weitzman: Certainly they need exercise to take care of those extra milk bones and extra table scraps and a lot of Chinese food and things like that.

Susan: And if your dog is obese Dr. Weitzman says don’t do too much too soon.

Dr. Weitzman: Start solely as if you were doing an exercise routine for yourself, just ease into it, see how comfortable they are with it, how much it affects after the exercise is over.

Susan: “Fitness Unleashed” is one of many books about dogs and humans getting healthy together. It says dogs elevate exercise from drudgery to joyful routine and Lou agrees.

Lou: I really don’t enjoy much going to the gym very much, so…and I don’t like running indoors on treadmills so to me this is the best thing, being in the outdoors, running through the park, and being outside, it’s wonderful.

Susan: Dr. Weitzman says some dogs are too old or aren’t physically suited for running, you should check with your veterinarian first. And while it won’t be long before it's cold and a lot of folks move their exercise indoors, remember the weather shouldn’t be an excuse for you or your dog not to exercise.

Extra Work: Having an Open House.
Script.
Kyoko: We’re not supposed to be here. I think we should leave and let our real estate agent hold the open house without us looking over her shoulder.
Ernie: We’re not looking over her shoulder. I just want to sit in this car to see how many people go in and out.
Kyoko: You know, there’ll be a lot of lookie-loos. And plus, there’ll be a sign-in sheet, so we’ll be able to see afterwards how many people stopped in.
Ernie: Hey, someone’s coming in now.
Kyoko: That’s the stager. She’s making some last-minute changes.
Ernie: She really doesn’t need to do anything else. We did everything our agent told us to do. We made cosmetic repairs, painted, and de-cluttered. What more could they ask for?
Kyoko: She’s just doing some minor landscaping, putting some plants along the front path and around the front door. Let’s get out of here before people start showing up. I don’t want to seem like I’m spying on my own house.
Ernie: What does it matter? Hand me the fact sheet for our house. I want to read it through again to make sure the agent didn’t miss anything. Okay, the square footage on the house and the lot are correct, she noted that our addition is permitted, and she mentioned the upgrades – good. Where are you going?
Kyoko: I’m not going to sit in this car for the next four hours. Let’s go to visit our neighbors’ open houses.
Ernie: Good idea. We’ll see what our competition is and maybe we can steal some of their open house ideas!

Extra Work: Places to Live.

Script:
Finding a new place to live isn’t always easy. I have been living in the same apartment for nine years and I thought it was time for a change. I have always wanted to buy a condo or a townhouse, but I didn’t have the money for a down payment. But now, I have a little money saved up and I want to buy a place of my own.

I didn’t want to go through a real estate agent yet so I started looking around the city on my own. I wasn’t sure if I wanted a townhouse or a single-family home. I didn’t want to live in a multi-story building anymore, not even if I had a penthouse unit. It was too noisy and I wanted a backyard for my dog, Shiloh.

I looked at a duplex as well as some traditional houses. One of the last houses I saw was a two-bedroom, one-bath bungalow. It was small enough for one person, but big enough for me and my dog. When Shiloh saw the backyard, I think it was love at first sight. I’d like to say that I picked the house, but really, it was Shiloh’s choice. I don’t think he would ever forgive me if I didn’t buy that house.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario