4/16/2010

Scripts Lesson 22

Extra work: Interview with Naomi Watts.
Transcript.
Naomi: Oh, god.
Dresser: There you go.
Dresser: How is that?
Lynn: That’s great.

Naomi: Great.
Naomi: I would have to say, you know, both are hard, a scary scene because it’s so fragmented, hold that fear and play the bits that are escalating in the right direction, you really have to put yourself in the trust of the director, um, and sex scenes are always hard, um, nothing a shot of vodka can fix or two. Um, but yeah, I mean, actually, one the easiest sex scenes I shot was the one at Mulholland Drive, the fact that it was with another woman, we fell so much safer, it was no sort of like awkwardness, yeah, it’s always awkward, it was, it was, there was no sexual tension, put it that way.

Naomi: What happened was I got called to go and meet with David Linch, the casting process he looks at a stack of photographs and then he picks 4 or 5 that he likes. Luckily my brother took the photo and he liked that photo, I don’t know, something honest must have come through, and if he meets, you know, if he picks out 4 photos and he’s met number two and he loves it, good bye number 3 and 4. Just very intuitive. David.
Naomi: He talks in that funny voice, OK Naomi, now tell me about yourself, uh, that was bad, ok
Naomi: I was going to go back to the plane and back to NY and I got a phone call saying that it went really well and David would like to meet you again tomorrow, but this time can you wear makeup. I was like, oh no, I’m too ugly, he wants a supermodel, I’m not sexy, all these things that I’ve heard before. Sorry Naomi, didn’t work out this time, there’re going to go with someone a little more sexy, I was like…I thought that was going to happen again. Anyway, I went and get a blow dry or something and put on some makeup, a fitting outfit.

Naomi: I mean, I did lots of commercials before I started acting and then, you name it, from cereal to tampax to every kind of embarrassing thing, to be an actor was a little bit like a golly dream of mine…my mother was an actress and she was doing a play, my fair lady, and I just, I was about 4 years old…I kept .. you know, trying to get her attention like, looking at my grandmother saying why isn’t my mother looking at me, relating to me, doing what she does and finally she snuck that little.. In that moment, I remember being transported, I got transported into this whole world of “make believe”

Naomi: When I shop I keep this weird habit of sometimes I feel like I need to return things whether I you know, don’t deserve some or a shit like that, but what I do is I keep the tags on, and I keep my first wear and then I think, I decide whether or not I want to keep it, (laughs) it’s terrible, isn’t it?

Naomi: The other night at the net ball, he asked me to go to David Beckham and get a picture frame and of course I did, he’s my big brother and obediently said OK , all right, let’s do it. How embarrassing to go straight to Posh and Becks and say can I get a photo? They said yes and Ben came in the photo, David Beckham was very nice and Posh went (laughs)

Naomi: We were doing that long line with the cars and remember being very nervous, this was a big deal, you know, Cannes, this huge red carpet, The Palais Royale, huge crowds, the lead in the film and David Li, it was all huge in my head, um, and as I drove up our car, as I opened the door, Cat Stevens’ ”morning has broken”, started playing, that is a song that I’m very connected to because um, my father, when he passed away, they played that song at his funeral so I use it a lot sort of a trigger kind of thing when I’m working or…anyway, it’s a little bit um, I felt he was there, at the minute I was getting out, I heard the song and oh my god I started to cry, but it was also a joyful tear because it felt like my guarded angel was walking me through.

Extra Work: Lesson 123: The s-word (explicit).

Parts of Speech.

Can be a noun:
"Get your shit together and go".

"I stepped in shit".

Can be a verb:
"I’ve got the shits".

Can be countable:
"I gotta take a shit".
"I have the shits".

Can be uncountable:
"Move all that shit out of your room!"

Meanings:
Stuff or Things:
"I’ve got to move my shit tomorrow".

The best of its kind:
"He's the shit".

Nonsense.
"Everything he says is a load of shit".
"That’s bullshit, man".
"Everything he says means shit to me".

Nasty, despicable person (use particularly with men):
"Your son has been a real shit to her".

Anything or nothing:
"His opinion isn't worth shit".
"We don't have shit to live on".

Mariguana
"You got any shit on you?"

Verbs
To be afraid:
"I shit myself"
"He was shitting a brick".

To fool (someone) or deceive someone.
"200 dollars? Are you shitting me?"

Adjectives
Terrible:
"Who listens to that shit music".

Interjections (loud exclamation)
"Oh shit!"
"Shit!"
"Holy shit!"

Interjection, avoid the s-word
Oh, shoot!

To show displeasure or surprise:
"Oh, shit, I forgot the passports at home!"
Synonyms:- Litteral Dung
- Maneur
- Excrement
- Feces

How to start your car.
Transcript.
As you know, many modern cars have electronic systems for locking and unlocking the doors, and for starting the engine. Generally the car key contains a computer chip and a little battery. If the computer chip is not there, the car engine will not start.


The following story appeared on the BBC website recently. A motorist needed to change the battery in her car key. But when she had finished, she found that she could not start the engine in her car. In desperation, she called the AA. The AA man arrived and found that there was no computer chip in the key. It must have fallen out when the woman changed the battery. The woman and the AA man searched the car but could not find the chip. Then the woman remembered that her dog had been in the car, and had eaten something when she was changing the battery. That was it! The dog must have eaten the chip.

The AA man put the dog in the driver’s seat of the car, and turned the key in the ignition. The engine started immediately! Now the woman can use her car again, provided that her dog is in the front seat.

What will she do when the chip is no longer in the dog? I have no idea.

The Cell Phone Festival.
Transcript.

David: Oh hi. I’m David Pogue. And I fill a rant coming on.


David: Hello, I’m David Pogue. You know, in recent weeks, the senate commerce committee is having hearings about the cell phone industry. The question is, is it anticompetitive for cell phone makers like apple to strike exclusive deals with cell phone carriers like AT&T. Come to think of it, that’s about the only example anybody cares about. My feeling is, you can’t really get into legislating business deals and furthermore, if you want to talk about what’s broken about the cell phone industry there are much bigger problems we should tackle first.

David: Like the price of text messages for example. Why are they 20 cents a text message today and two years ago they were only 10 cents Sure, I can sign up for a texting package, but why should I have to? I’m already paying for unlimited e-mail, what’s the difference? The difference is greed.

David: It is not just me. I asked my followers on twitter what bugs them about their cell phone service? Turns out, it’s a lot. So ladies and gentlemen, I’m pleased to announce the world premiere of the “I hate my cell phone film festival”.

Sherri Bailey: About half my calls are dropped even though it says I have all my bar, so…

Thomas Costello:

What I don’t like the most about my cell phone carrier isn’t its ridiculous data plan or roaming charges, it’s dealing with their customer service departments.

C J Forse: It’s 2009, do we really need 30 seconds worth of detailed instructions on how to leave a voice mail message? I think we all get it by now.

Joshua Kaufman:

I’d like to see wireless service providers stop dictating to the hand set makers what can or cannot put in their devices.

Ivan Komarov: I got a voice mail that was 6 days late, what are we paying you guys for again?

Chris Polone: Send us your signal out in the country. We live out there…off the highway.

Mike MacDonald:

Ok, so they merge with Cingular and they drop my tower and my signal. They refuse to turn the tower back on or introduce central cells and they came out with the i-phone exclusively. When I couldn’t even quit…

Dennis Serras: Their ridiculous prices for text messaging.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario