5/22/2010

Scripts Lesson 09

Sesame Street Newspaper.
Script.
American greetings is proud to sponsor the Sesame Street podcast. Hi, I’m Murray from Sesame Street and I’m looking for the word on the street. What’s the word on the street? Newspaper. What’s your favorite part of the newspaper? The sports section. Theater and the music. Crossword puzzle. We love the comics. The book review. Newspaper. Keep listening for the word newspaper. Newspaper: that’s the word on the street. Oh, my horoscope.


This is a newspaper, lots of interesting things in the newspaper like what’s going on in the world… or in your neighborhood, entertainment, sports, business news, alex, the classified ads, you can buy all kinds of things in the classified ads like this, one slackly huge monster, hello, monster…wow…newspaper, full of surprises.

What’s the word on the street? Newspaper…the newspaper

Matt: Oh hi, you know I’m just reading the newspaper, I love doing this, there are so many great things you can do with a newspaper, you can read the headlines of course, but then you can flip it over and you can read about sports, or open it up and you can read the comics, or even do the puzzles, but this is my absolute favorite thing to do with a newspaper…newspaper…
Grover: Newspapers!
Old person: I’d like to buy a newspaper please,
Grover: What?
Old person: I said I’d like to buy a newspaper please.
Grover: Please, what are they doing?
Old person: I said, if you want to know look in your newspaper or read what it says!
Grover: What do you mean read, sir? Ha, ha, you don’t read newspapers,
Old person: Of course you do!
Grover: No, no, no ,no, no! Newspapers are to make paper hats with my mind, or maybe to uh, tear up for your box for your pussycat there, you know?
Old person: Oh yeah?
Grover: Look
Old person: What?
Grover: Look at that! There are letters on it…and words…it says “new building being built on Main Street”
Old person: Aha, that’s where we are, Main Street.
Grover: And there are buildings…a building…That is amazing…this newspaper tells what is happening
Old person: Well, that’s what newspapers are for…now could I have it, please? I’m willing to go
Grover: I’d like to see what else is happening here…parade on Main Street, there’s going to be a parade..I wonder when that would be.
Old person: It’s starting to rain…
Grover: Here’s the weather report…rain, it is going to rain today with thunder and lots and lots of wind.
Old person: Ohh, the newspaper, can I have the newspaper, please?
Grover: Of course, as soon as I finish reading it sir.
Keep listening for the word newspaper, newspaper, that’s the word on the street oh, my horoscope.

Vendetta Episode 1.
Script.
Charlotte: Hello, Today's my first day at the school. I'm from Vermont.
Charlotte: Wow, They didn't have giant cats at my old school.
Charlotte: Oh no, I'd better find room Four. I'm at room 4. Boy! Bye bye kittie.
Charlotte: One...two...threee...four!
Teacher:Oh, the new student! Yes, yes, take a seat. No! No! You can't sit there. That's her chair.
Girl with pig tails:You need to watch out for her. She makes things...hidious things.
Charlotte: Oops.
Teacher: Good morning Vendetta.
Charlotte: Vendetta! That's a pretty name. Is it French? My name's Charlotte.
Vendetta: I don't care.
Oh, very cute teddy bear.
Girl with pig tails: It's not a bear, it's a hamster, a really really big hamster.
Charlotte: You can bring hamsters to school? I wish I would've known.
Teacher: I guess it's time to start class...if that's all right. I thought we'd read a story...maybe.
Vendetta: Isn't it time for recess?
Teacher: But I just started.
Teacher: Oh my, yes. It is time for recess. Class dismissed.
Charlotte: Is recess already? This is such a great school.
Charlotte: Kitty, kitty, where did you go? It is fun to pop your hefty nose.
Vendetta: My hamster doesn't like singing! You'd better watch out. We can cut more than ropes with those scissors!
Charlotte: You can cut paper too?
Vendetta: No! Nah, never mind.
Charlotte: Ribbons? Cardboard? Coupons? Bottle caps? She's so mysterious, but nice. I think we're going to be the best of friends. Hee hee.

Nesspresso Commercial.
Script.
Clerk: Your machine, sir!

God: Hello George!
George: Where am I?
God: Make an educated guess.
George: Oh, there must be a mistake
God: We don’t make mistakes…ever.
George: See, it’s not my time.
God: Maybe we could make an arrangement.
George: Not a chance, pal.
George: So you always wear white.
God: Always.
Angel: Me too…
George: You too?
Angel: Ha ha, me too.
George: Do you eat here?
God: No
George: You don’t eat.
God: We don’t need it.
George: Are there more like you here?
God: Millions.
Angel: Billions.
George: Billions?
George: Coffee is good.
God: It is good.
God: Will be quite buzz.
George: We will.
George: Do you sleep?
God: No.
George: That why you keep drinking the coffee, that’s right. I understand that.
George: Basic questions: is there a bathroom here?
God: We have lovely bathrooms.
George: Yeah? Good. It's important.
Angel: But we don’t need to…
George: But you don’t need to go.
God: Not so much.
George: You just have them here…for visitors.
George: I like this place a lot.
George: I’m going to miss you in movies. Do they do movies up here?
God: No.
God: There are no producers here.
George: Oh, it’s heaven.
God: Heaven.
God: No studios.
George: No agents.
George: No money.
God: No managers.
George: This is heaven.
George: Coffee, beautiful angels and just you and me.
God: That’s right.
George: I like it.

Applying for a Passport.
Script.
Clerk: Yes, can I help you?

Oscar: I want to get a passport.
Clerk: Have you filled out the application?
Oscar: No, I haven’t.
Clerk: Come back when you’ve filled it out.
...
Oscar: Okay, I’ve completed the application.
Clerk: Let me see it. You need to fill in your Social Security number here and you need to provide evidence of your citizenship. Have you ever had a passport before?
Oscar: No, I haven’t.
Clerk: In that case, you’ll need to submit a copy of your birth certificate, or if you were born outside of the country, a copy of your Naturalization Certificate or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
Oscar: I don’t have those documents with me.
Clerk: Come back when you do.
...
Oscar: Okay, I’m back. I have a copy of my birth certificate.
Clerk: All right. Let me see some identification.
Oscar: Identification?
Clerk: Yes, I need to see a valid driver’s license, a government ID, or a military ID.
Oscar: I’ll be right back.
...
Clerk: Yes?
Oscar: Here’s my military ID.
Clerk: Where are your passport photos?
Oscar: Passport photos?
Clerk: Yes, you need two identical passport photos.
Oscar: I’ll be right back.

Taking the Subway.
Script.

M: I'd like to buy a token for the subway.
C: The subway doesn't use tokens anymore.
M: Oh, I didn't know that. It's been a few years since I visited New York. How do I pay for the fare?
C: You can buy a ticket for a single ride that expired two hours after it's issued. If you're going to be here all week, I'd suggest getting a 7-day card that gives you inlimited rides.Otherwise, I'd recommend getting a metro card.
M: I'm only here for two days. How much is each ride?
C: It's 2 dollars. If you buy a metrocard worth more than 10 dollars, you get a 20% discount. So with a 10 dollar card, you get six rides instead of five. The card allows you to transfer to buses too.
M: OK, I'll take the Metrocard worth 10 dollars. How is the money deducted from my card?
C: The turnstile automatically deducts the fare each time you go through it. Here's your card.
M: Thanks, but I'm not sure which line to take to Queens.
C: Here's a subway map. Follow the signs to the platform of the train you want.
M: Ok. Thanks.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario