5/24/2010

Scripts Lesson 23

Tell me About Yourself.
Script.
Well, I was born and raised in Minnesota, in St. Paul, Minnesota, to be exact. I won't say how long ago that was, but let's just say I'm no spring chicken. I grew up there with my rather large family of 8 brothers and 2 sisters. (I was the baby of the family, but I swear I wasn't spoiled!) We were 13 in all—probably the biggest family in the neighborhood, maybe in the state. I had a mostly happy childhood. My father and mother didn't have a lot of money, but we were never worried about keeping up with the Joneses. I wasn't much into sports like my brothers were, but I enjoyed reading and listening to music growing up. I went to grade school near my house, and then to a high school about 2 miles from where I lived. After graduating from high school, I went on to the University of Minnesota to get my bachelor's degree. It took me a while to learn the ropes at the university, but I finally graduated nearly 6 years later. Better late than never, as my father used to say. I then went to Mexico for a couple of years to teach English and to study Spanish. When I returned, I decided to become a teacher, so I went back to school to get my Master's degree. After teaching for a few years, I was offered a job in California, so I moved to Los Angeles in 1991. After working here a few years, I went back to school—again!—to get my Ph.D. I was starting to become a professional student. Well, I finished up my degree in four years, and then taught at the university for several years. Now, I work at a small research organization here in L.A. I am happily married, and I still enjoy reading and listening to music, and, of course, hosting ESL Podcast.

Listerine Commercial with Morgan Freeman.

Script.
The other guy: What do you think of the taste of Listerine?


Morgan: Due. Well, I’ve tried others, they don’t taste so bad, so I stick to Listerine

The other guy: Hey, wait a minute, you said you hated it. But you keep on using it?

Morgan: Oh yeah! I think if it didn’t taste so strong, it wouldn’t be working. Hey, look right here. Kills germs. The germs that can give you bad breath, see? And it lasts. Do you understand?

The other guy: Yeah. Now if you didn’t hate it,

Morgan: Then I wouldn’t use it.

Narrator: Listerine Antiseptic. Got the taste people hate. Twice a day.

Scene from Movie Black Swan.
Script.

He leans in and talks softly so the other girls can’t hear.
Brennan:       If I was only guessing the white swan, it should be yours.
She can’t help but smile, flattered. He pulls away from her.
Brennan:       But I’m not. Maestro, Odile’s Coda please.
The piano player rifles through the song book.
Brennan: Now, show me your black swan, Nina.
Nervous, she glances over at Veronica and Galina, who anxiously await their turn.
She takes a few  breaths, then looks towards the piano player and nods.
The music begins.
 Brennan:Not so controlled! Seduce us! Not just the prince, but the court, the audience, the entire world, come on, the fouettes (spins) are like a spider spinning the web, attack it, attack it, come on!
Brennan: Well, good of you to join us.
Lilly:Sorry
A look of worry spreads across  Nina’s face. Knows she’s blowing it.
Brennan: Girls, this is Lilly straight off the plane from San Francisco, she’s filling Rebecca’s old spot. Get warmed up.
Lilly:That’s OK, I’m good.
Nina: Should I go again?
Brennan:No thanks, I’ve seen enough. Ok, Veronica, the white swan variation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario